Why is dirty rice called dirty?
What Is Dirty Rice, exactly? It’s simply a rice pilaf that’s been called “dirty” because it’s made with minced chicken livers or gizzards, which give it crispy, flavorful browned bits.
What is another name for dirty rice?
Dirty rice is a classic Cajun (South Louisiana) dish. The name Dirty Rice comes from the appearance of the finished dish. Cajun Rice and Cajun Fried Rice are other names for this rice dish.
- 15g butter
- 180g chicken livers (cleaned & chopped)
- 30g shallots (finely diced)
- To taste – salt
- To taste – black pepper (ground)
- 15g green onions (finely diced)
- 7g parsley (minced)
- 420g cooked white rice
- Melt the butter in a saute pan and saute the chicken livers and shallots until tender and falling apart. Season with salt and pepper.
- And green onions and parsley. Add the cooked white rice and mix thoroughly.